Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Our Independence.

The 4th of July means our country's Independence from the English. Dirty English.
In Huntington Beach, it also means bbqs, another 5K, bike rides, bbqs, beach, street markets, bbqs, and fireworks.

Enjoy your holiday.
And check some of these places out:

* I Heart Morning Radio This is why I get up in the mornings. Andrew "I don't even know." is my favourite.
* Morning Becomes Eclectic I heart Nic Harcourt in the mid-morning. World music and indie stuff you may not have heard of yet.
* Entertainment and Snide Remarks for movie reviews- totally addicted over here. One of my most favourite reviews ever, that I sometimes read PURELY for entertainment is HERE.
* Subscribe NOW!
The only podcast I know.
* My friend's blogs (to the left, to the left!) Pretty much all of these are linked to other awesome blogs to keep tabs on.

I'll be in Utah this weekend for Caroline and Justin's wedding. Maybe someone can explain why people take dates to weddings. That seems like the most uncomfortable situation I could possibly be put in. "Hi. Welcome to town. I'm so excited to sit in formal dining with you surrounded by other couples, occasionally tearing up, and with marriage looming everywhere we look!" Personally, the only reason I even bother going to receptions is to see who else is there. If we're not there to see who's left to hook up with, why go?
PS-
CM & JK- Sure do love you guys!

Hunk O'The Month voting continues until I get back!

4 comments:

k8 said...

farrah i love you. enjoy the wedding!

Dainon. said...

The older I get, the more I resent anything that has to do with weddings. I'm fast morphing into a grumpy old man. Steer clear.

That said, see you at the reception, eh?

carolinesbakeshop said...

i thought people went to weddings to hang out with bridesmaids. otherwise, being a bridesmaid 9 times has been all for nothing.

f*bomb. said...

I would go to gates hell in the middle of the desert to hang out with YOU, Caro.

O wait...I AM in hell here! Frickin' TURN OFF THE SUN!!!